Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

December week 3

I can't believe we are already halfway through December!  Where does the time fly?

In the past week, I flew 7000 miles, knit 2 socks and half a glove, and contracted a case of food poisoning.  One sock and the half glove were the completion of my December week 1 project, and I hope to have them in the mail to their new owner shortly.  All in all, very happy with the end result, but had a hard time matching tension between the two socks, which has never been a problem for me before.  I completed sock 2 using about 3 yards more than sock one, with threw the colors off completely for glove #2, and I had to do some patching with leftovers from the first skein. 

For December week 2, I resurrected a project that has been sitting quite a while.  The "Rick" socks from Cookie A.'s "Sock Innovation".  I started these quite a while back in a fun sock yarn from Decadent Fibers that I picked up at last year's NHSW festival.  I only ever got as far as the first 1.5" of ribbing on the cuff, so I am counting it as a whole project :)  Anyway, one sock completed last week, and the second underway now.

I also had the chance to visit Tanya Alpert's knitting shop in San Diego where I finally found Habu's silk stainless steel yarns in person.  I have been wanting to try these out for quite some time, but was a bit nervous to order on-line sight unseen.  After talking with Tanya and seeing her lovely creations, I overspent (of course!) and came back to the cold northeast with lots of Habu and some lovely new projects in mind.

Next on my list will be a scarf for a friend using a combination of cashmere-merino sock yarn and my new habu silk stainless steel.

No comments:

Post a Comment