Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The nature of procrastination

Do you ever think about why we put things off?  I have been ready to start my new project for 2 days now, but I keep sitting and looking at the yarn and not knitting.  Why?  Because I need to wind the skein.  And that involves getting out my ball winder and swift.  And attaching them to my counter.  Which of course means cleaning off my counter.  All in all, this is only about 20 minutes of work, but inertia takes over and there I sit.  Does anyone else have this problem?

So, with my very tight schedule in mind, I made myself get up and do it, and finally, a wound skein and ready to go! 


While I had everything out, I decided to do another one in anticipation of next week's project.  The colors do not come out well in the photo no matter how I adjust the lighting, but it is a handpainted skein from Creatively Dyed Yarns that I acquired last weekend at NYS&W because the beautiful greens reminded me of the moss-covered stone walls in England.
I think it will become some gloves for my friend who took me hiking in England.

No comments:

Post a Comment